Thursday, April 19, 2012

4 my friend birthday card

I wanted to share a very quick and easy birthday card with all of you that I made using the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge and coordinating stamp sets! I just love how easy CTMH has made it for us!

To create this card, I cut a 4" scalloped circle in chocolate and layered a 3.5" white circle on top which I sponged the edges of using hollyhock ink. I stamped the saying '4 my friend' on an 4" olive colored banner which I also sponged the edges of. The cupcake is cut at 2.5" inches and stamped on chocolate cardstock and then restamped on blush cardstock. I cut the icing off of the blush cardstock and used dimensionals to layer it on top of the chocolate! Finally I finished it off with glitter glue and added three pink brads to the scalloped strip to give it some personality :)


Inside:


CTMH stamp sets used: 4 My Friend and Celebration
cardstock colors: olive, white, chocolate, and blush
inks: hollyhock and chocolate

I know this card is very simple, but I wanted to share something that everyone can make fairly quickly because for those of you who are like me, time is of the essence! LOL I would like to apologize for the quality of my pictures however.  As I said before, I am fairly new to the world of blogging and posting pictures, but I promise you as time goes on I will get better! A special thanks to Bobby from Cricut Couple for getting me this far! ;)

Have a GREAT day!
Brandy

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely perfect! I love the glitter you added. Looks like sugar. The pictures look just great. No need to apologize. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete