Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY Father's Day!


 
When I saw this card made by Mary from Cardz TV, I instantly fell in love with it!
I thought it was absolutely adorable and the sentiment was a perfect fit for a
card from my 8 month old to give to his daddy today!

The sentiment is from a stamp set called Father's Day which is made by Mary! I did not know this before I made the card, otherwise I would have definately ordered the set from her! I loved the saying so much that I did something out of the ordinary for me and printed it off of my computer to add to the card...I have never done this before because I prefer the look of a stamped image so much better...in my mind, stamping adds a more personal touch and it looks more "handmade" than computer fonts...but that's just my opinion of course! I don't think it looks too bad on this card, but it was either that or NOTHING! lol

I also really loved the papers she used because they went so well with the sentiment, but unfortunately I did not have anything similar, so I came as close as I could to Mary's by making my
own paper with the Imagine!  The Imagine is often my lifesaver! lol  For both the background paper and the blue "ruler" strip of paper I used the Black and White Pattern Cricut Imagine cartridge by Teresa Collins.  This cartridge is fantastic and makes great background papers!  What I love about it the most is the variety you get when you use colored paper instead of white as I did for the brown numbered background.

Before I go I just want to wish all you Father's out there a very Happy Father's Day!!! I was very blessed to have an amazing father for 24 years of my life until he was called home by God unexpectedly.  I miss him every day and look forward to the day when I will see him again. 

Enjoy your day!
Brandy


1 comment: